Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Afritada and Potato Salad

Father's day is fast approaching... Sunday it will be... What do we remember on this day?  Of course the obvious,  my father, our dad, daddy, tatay, ama, itay, popsy, or what ever you call your dad.  Most of us remember the father as in his physical self, but we must remember his works, his deeds and the good times both of you share.

My father's gone to heaven almost seven years now.  A sad chapter of our lives.  He was still young at 54 when that happened. But no one was to be blamed because maybe or just maybe it was meant to be.  

My father - Daddy as we call him was loving and took care of us his children when mom was abroad.  He was a house-band for sometime.  He woke up early, he did chores, he helped us with our assignment and he took care of our daily needs.  There are ups and downs in our lives but my dad didn't gave up.  

I remember when my dad scolded me, even spanked me when I don't want to go to school.  I was grade 3 then and was pencil pushing at Maryknoll College (Miriam College).  My school bus, california busliner, always fetch me at 5:30 a.m. and bring me home at 6:30 p.m.  That day I don't want to wake up for school so dad scolded me.  That was the first time.  The second and I think the last time was when I was in college... it was when daddy found out that dada (my hubby) and I were a couple.  

Bigote... gov... lito lapid... dins... dondi... that's friends call him... He is a master of everything... he kutingting all kinds of stuff... he is good in lettering... he draws... he's a good singer... he is the best cook... Nothing can replace his afritada and potato salad.  He is the best-est dad ever! 

How I miss my Dad so much. Happy father's day Daddy! I love you!

And happy father's day to all the fathers, soon to be dads and wanna be dads out there!


No comments:

Post a Comment